Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Aug. 28, 2014, 01:20:46 AM
56601 Posts in 12737 Topics by 18707 Members
Latest Member: Gavinhelper
News:

The PRADO Community » Prado v3.x » General Discussion » Prado Mini « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prado Mini  (Read 1700 times)
michael8x8

View Profile
« on: Jun. 28, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »

I everyone,

Prado is great, but I wish you could package a MINI version, which will simply have basic structure of Prado and at most mysql db classes and data objects (tdatagrid,..)

it's great to have all the features but for small mini jobs, it's really unpractical to upload 5mb of framework just to use a couple of forms etc. It would be much better to have a mini version of at most 1mb, this will not only improve the performance, but also allow prado to be used in tiny sites or personal sites or quick projects.

does anyone else think this is a good idea ?

wiktor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jun. 28, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »

The problem is what classes to include in such package. I think the better way is to create generator that will make pradolite with classes that you want ( selected in menu ) or that you need ( parses the project and selects the classes you used, and thoose which will satisfy dependencies )
michael8x8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun. 29, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

that's a great idea, however, may be much harder to implement. It may be simpler to have a type of include file, where by default it'll have most used classes, and if you need something else, you'd simply uncomment the line and copy the file to the folder.

I've tried myself to delete some stuff in it, 3rd party, some langauge data, etc. Now, it's down to 2.8mb I think, but still I've only used datagrid, textboxes, labels etc. So, I'm sure there are still plenty of classes that can be taken out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: